‘Dragalia Lost’ is both the best and worst of mobile gaming

by Tanner Kinney Disclaimer: This review is of the Android version and was conducted on a Samsung Galaxy S6 Mobile gaming is, and has for a while been, the new wild west of video gaming. However, we aren’t talking about the lawless, stand-off at high noon, romanticized wild west that Flash gaming was. Mobile gaming is the wild west where everyone is trying to rob and scam you until you die of dysentery. There are so many devious mobile games that seemingly only exist to dupe naive kids into spending their parents money on games with titles like Strange Rope Hero or Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. At the very least, with more competent developers entering the mobile gaming scene, we start to see more quality, fleshed-out experiences that only nickel-and-dime you a little bit. Nintendo, for instance, has been putting out a number of solid mobile games that don’t feel like extreme cash grabs to a casual player. Super Mario Run was a solid game, Fire Emblem Heroes was surprisingly good despite a lack of depth, and Pokemon Quest might actually be my favorite of the bunch because of how well designed its progression is. I’ve also heard that Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp was pretty entertaining, despite not having played it myself. Now, with Dragalia Lost, Nintendo has proven that despite making a quality game, they too can aggressively nickel-and-dime you like every other mobile developer on the market.  

A fable of dragons with stellar presentation

Dragalia Lost Tales Fire Emblem Heroes
Image from Newsline
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Xenoblade
Fire Emblem Heroes

Anime Diablo-em-up on the go

Image from the Google Play Store
Dragalia Lost’s Diablo Dragalia Lost Diablo Dragalia Lost

The Gacha question

Image from Dragalia Lost
Dragalia Lost Dragalia Lost Fire Emblem Heroes, Dragalia Lost $31 Dragalia Lost identical in value Fire Emblem Heroes
Google Play Store Newsline Droidgamers