Scott Halberstadt: Cardinal to Nickelodeon star

<p>Scott Halberstadt played Fredrick Fellows in Ball State’s 1999 production of “Noises Off." This photo was published in the April 7, 1999, issue of The Daily News. <strong>Ball State Digital Media Repository</strong></p>

Scott Halberstadt played Fredrick Fellows in Ball State’s 1999 production of “Noises Off." This photo was published in the April 7, 1999, issue of The Daily News. Ball State Digital Media Repository

Most 90s kids remember the nerdy duo Craig and Eric from the Nickelodeon TV show “Drake & Josh,” but many don’t realize that one of the pair is a Ball State alumnus. 

From 2000 to 2010, Ball State graduate Scott Halberstadt, who portrayed Eric, could be seen acting on youth entertainment channels such as Nickelodeon.

Halberstadt was born in Connersville, Indiana, and came to Ball State in 1995, according to the Aug. 18, 1995, edition of The Ball State Daily News.

During his time at Ball State, he was involved in a number of productions both behind the scenes and as an actor. 

He appeared in Ball State’s 1999 production of “Noises Off,” and directed the 1998 production of “The Night of the Iguana” as a student. 

In 1997, Halberstadt was featured in an article in the Nov. 17, 1997, issue of The Ball State Daily News for his makeup work in the Ball State production of “The Adding Machine.” Halberstadt conducted research, came up with designs and consulted the costume designers in order to make his artistic vision come to life.

While doing makeup for “The Adding Machine” was Halberstadt’s first chance to apply the skills he learned in a basic theatrical makeup class, he told The Daily News that he had always found himself compelled by the role makeup design played in a performance.

“I’ve always been interested in the whole makeup thing since I was a kid,” Halberstadt said in the same article. “I found being able to change physical appearance to fit a character very interesting.” 

While those familiar with Halberstadt may most remember him for his role as Eric, he also appeared in shows like “iCarly,” “All That,” and “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.” 

Read more centennial content here.

Contact Brooke Kemp with comments at bmkemp@bsu.edu or on Twitter @brookemkemp.