Ball State student hit by car near Studebaker West, transported to IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital

<p>University Police Department, Muncie Fire Department and Delaware County EMS responded to a pedestrian versus vehicle call around 5:45 p.m. Wednesday near Studebaker West. The victim, whose name was not released, was transported to IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital. <strong>Andrew Smith, DN</strong></p>

University Police Department, Muncie Fire Department and Delaware County EMS responded to a pedestrian versus vehicle call around 5:45 p.m. Wednesday near Studebaker West. The victim, whose name was not released, was transported to IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital. Andrew Smith, DN

One student was transported to the hospital Wednesday after a witness said she was hit by a car. 

Delaware County EMS, University Police and Muncie Fire Department were called to Studebaker West on a report of a pedestrian versus a vehicle around 5:45 p.m.

Jenna Mix, a friend of the victim, said she was standing near Studebaker West when the car hit her friend. 

“The car just came out of nowhere,” Mix said. “I was standing on the corner and it just hit her. I screamed at him, I mean I just screamed. I ran over and gave her a shirt and said, ‘Bite this, baby. I’m going to call 911.’”

Mix said the victim, who was “just going to her car,” suffered a broken leg. 

The victim, whose name was not released, was transported to IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital.

This story will be updated. 

Contact Brynn Mechem with comments at bamechem@bsu.edu or on Twitter @BrynnMechem.