Atrium to be closed for the summer

<p>The Atrium will close throughout the summer for renovations.&nbsp;</p>

The Atrium will close throughout the summer for renovations. 

Ball State’s most popular dining location, The Atrium will be closed this summer for renovations that are intended to open up the space.

Two copper-colored walls on either side of the entrance to The Atrium food area will be taken down, as well as a side arc wall next to the cash registers.

"If you have visited The Atrium at any point in time in your college career, you know how crowded it is. And so we've wanted to do this for a while,” director of dining services Karen Adkins said. “We want to open up the servery so that it’s a little bit more friendlier for our customers."

Beverage areas will also see new lighted glass. Adkins said The Atrium hasn’t had many renovations since it opened in 2001.

“It just opens up the whole Atrium. We’re gonna have more room for customers to queue at our stations so when our crowds do come, they’ll have more room to move around,” Adkins said. “We’re busy all the time.”

There will be other summer dining options on campus. Woodworth and the Student Center will be open, and Noyer will be open during summer conferences with a different menu and service hours.

The Atrium is set to re-open the week of Aug. 13, with fall 2018 classes beginning Aug. 20.

Contact Michelle Kaufman with comments mekaufman@bsu.edu or on Twitter at @mkaufman85.