Ball State women's basketball earns first road conference victory over Bowling Green

<p>Members of the women's basketball team watch a shot go up during the game against University of Illinois Springfield on Nov. 1 at Worthen Arena. <strong>Breanna Daugherty, DN</strong></p>

Members of the women's basketball team watch a shot go up during the game against University of Illinois Springfield on Nov. 1 at Worthen Arena. Breanna Daugherty, DN

Five different Ball State players scored in double figures as the Cardinals defeated Bowling Green 84-73 to earn their first road conference victory on Saturday afternoon.

The Ball State (13-1, 2-1 MAC) offensive attack was led by junior guard Carmen Grande who scored 16 points and dished out seven assists. Senior forward Moriah Monaco and sophomore guard Jasmin Samz each scored 14.

The Cardinals shot nearly 50 percent from the field and got to the free throw line 30 times, including 17 times in the fourth quarter as the Falcons (8-6, 0-3 MAC) attempted to extend the game late.

Bowling Green kept themselves in the game by making 14 triples, and shooting 50 percent from beyond the arc. Ball State led 46-32 at the half.

The Falcons also outrebounded the Cardinals 38-32 in the loss.

Next up, Ball State stays on the road, playing Akron on Wednesday evening at 7 p.m.