Top new movies to watch this holiday season

by Joe Bursley My family has a recent tradition of going to the movie theater on Christmas Eve if we aren’t already traveling for the holidays. With most stores and restaurants closed or only open for limited hours on Christmas Eve, going to see a movie is a great way to spend the day waiting to open Christmas presents the next morning. Last year, there were a number of excellent films out in theaters to watch around the holidays: Moana, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and Collateral Beauty, just to name a few. I had suggested some of these titles to my family for our Christmas Eve viewing pleasure. However, my younger sister, who was only 16 at the time, suggested that we go see the R-rated Office Christmas Party as a family. And, to my disbelief, my parents somehow decided that was an acceptable option for our family outing. Two hours later, my sister and I endured an extremely awkward car ride home, where our parents commented on “how much R-rated films get away with these days.” Determined to not let that mistake happen again, I’m compiling a list of good-natured films that are out this holiday season that you won’t be ashamed to watch with your parents and/or younger siblings. You could choose to deviate from this list and watch something outside of traditional family fare, but let my story above serve as your sole warning.

#5 – Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

th st Jumanji

#4 – Thor: Ragnarok

rd
Thor: Ragnarok God of Tumblr Planet Hulk Avengers 3 Captain America: Civil War . Thor Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 Spiderman: Homecoming . Avengers: Infinity War .

#3 – The Greatest Showman

th Frozen earworms Then again, Zac Efron in another musical?

#2 – Coco

nd copies The Book of Life It's difficult to say whether Pixar lived up Up Cars 2

Honorable Mentions:

Ferdinand

th John Cena

The Man Who Invented Christmas

nd A Christmas Carol decent A Bad Moms Christmas drum roll, please

#1 – Star Wars Episode VII: The Last Jedi

th Thor: Ragnarok , Justice League , Coco The Force Awakens Kylo Ren Finn x Poe the return of Jar Jar A Bad Moms Christmas Pitch Perfect 3 Justice League
Byte Time The Huffington Post Screen Rant WGRZ