5 Muncie nonprofits accepting donations after Giving Tuesday

#GivingTuesday is a nation wide day of philanthropy on Nov. 28. that was started to connect communities and organizations. Hillcroft Services in Muncie will be raising money to purchase heart defibrillators. Flicker.com, Photo Courtesy

Editor’s note: Not all organizations participating in Giving Tuesday are listed in this story.

There's a way to spend money and feel good at the same time — and it can be done from the comfort of one's home.

Even though Giving Tuesday is over, nonprofits and organizations from across the nation are still accepting donations, and Muncie groups are no exception.

RELATED: Local organizations join national #GivingTuesday event

Donating to these five nonprofits is as easy as logging onto a computer.

Minnetrista

A donation to this historic site, which is located next to campus, will go toward arts and culture in East Central Indiana. Funds will help secure learning opportunities for future generations in Muncie, according to Minnetrista’s website. Donations are accepted through the website or via the donate button on its Facebook page

Muncie Civic Theatre

Muncie Civic Theatre is using donations from Giving Tuesday to support its Uphold Campaign. The campaign has a $2.5 million goal in order to fund the current theatre and the Boyce Block, according to its website.

The Muncie Civic received a matching gift of $50,000 for Giving Tuesday, and offered prizes including shoutouts on Facebook, mugs and fleece jackets to donors.

Donations are accepted on its website, Facebook page, through stocks or by phone by texting UPHOLD to 41444.

Muncie OUTreach

Through support groups and resources, Muncie OUTreach supports local LGBTQ youth. The nonprofit featured those who donated via its website or through Facebook for Giving Tuesday on its social media.

Youth Opportunity Center

Funds donated to the Youth Opportunity Center go toward providing opportunities for and housing underprivileged youth in Muncie, according to its website.

Prospective donors may enter information on its form found online.

YWCA Muncie

Donations to this women’s shelter go directly to supporting those living there. This year, the YWCA aimed to raise $3,695 — the cost of five women to live at the YWCA for one year.

Those wishing to donate can do so via Facebook or on a form on the YWCA Muncie website