Women's golf completes first day of Redbird Invite

<p>The women's golf team wait their turn on Sept. 20, 2016 at the Cardinal Classic. Ball State women’s golf traveled to Normal, Illinois Sunday to compete in the annual Redbird Invitational hosted by Illinois State. Kaiti Sullivan, DN File</p>

The women's golf team wait their turn on Sept. 20, 2016 at the Cardinal Classic. Ball State women’s golf traveled to Normal, Illinois Sunday to compete in the annual Redbird Invitational hosted by Illinois State. Kaiti Sullivan, DN File

Ball State women’s golf traveled to Normal, Illinois Sunday to compete in the annual Redbird Invitational hosted by Illinois State, completing the first of two days of play against 11 other schools. 

The Cardinals finished the first two rounds with a score of 635, which puts the team 59 over par and in 10th place heading into the final round.

Leading the Cardinals was French-native sophomore Manon Tounalom, who finished the first two rounds only three over par. This scores places her tied for 12th in the tournament.

Right behind her came Emily Knouff who finished the two rounds five over par, followed by Holly Anderson at nine over, and Morgan Nadaline and Liz Kim both at 11 over par. Sydney Anderson is close behind with a score of 12 over par.

The Cardinals are teeing off again on Monday at Weibring Golf Club at 8:30 a.m.