High School Game of the Week - Week 6: Delta vs. New Castle

Hosts Josh Shelton and Robby General go through some of the biggest games going around in the Delaware County area heading into week six as well as the Game of the Week – Delta (3-2) vs. New Castle (3-2). 

Delta enters with the state's leading rusher while New Castle comes in with the best air attack in the state. See more coverage of high school sports by Da sCoop's staff via BallStateDaily.com.

Wes-Del (1-4) at Monroe Central (5-0)

Wes-Del is coming off a 30-0 loss against South Adams while the Monroe Central Golden Bears stay golden heading into week six.

Wes-Del's offense continues to be led by senior quarterback Camden Townsend who is leading the team in both passing (115) and rushing yards (22) per game while his brother Connor Townsend leads the team in tackles (7) and points (5) per game.

Monroe Central on the other hand seems to be able to give the ball to anyone in the background as four players have over 100 rushing yards, three of them have over 200.

Monroe Central seems to be highly favored in this matchup as no one has been able to stop the Golden Bears this season.

Yorktown (2-3) vs. Shelbyville (4-1)

After starting the season 2-0, Yorktown is on a three game skid, losing a trio of conference games. 

Last week, however, the offense came alive during the teams 62-55 overtime loss against New Castle. Sophomore quarterback Reid Neal threw for 180 passing yards while running for 188 of the teams total rushing yards. 

It will be interesting to see how Neal and the Yorktown offense responds to 4-1 Shelbyville.

Muncie Central (1-4) at Harrison (3-2)

Muncie Central is coming off a tough 34-21 loss during last week's Game of the Week against Arsenal Tech.

The Bearcats looked good through the first half, but after senior wide receiver Eli Young came out with a foot injury, the wheels seemed to fall off for the Bearcats.

This week, Muncie Central faces off against a similar team on paper. This year Muncie Central is averaging 314 yards per game while Harrison is averaging 341 yards per game of total offense.

Both teams balance the run and passing threat pretty evenly, so it should be an interesting matchup on Friday night.

Game of the Week: Delta (3-2) vs. New Castle (3-2)

This week's game of the week features the top rushing threat going up against the top passing threat in the state of Indiana.

Sophomore Delta running back Charlie Spegal has 1,317 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns through five games this year while senior New Castle quarterback Niah Williamson has nearly 2,000 passing yards and is averaging five passing touchdowns per game this season.

After the highest scoring Indiana high school game in nearly two years last week, where New Castle and Yorktown combined for 117 points, this game has a chance to be another high scoring affair.

Will Spegal lead Delta to it's second conference win or will Williamson put up another 500-plus yard game for New Castle? Find out Friday night in Da sCoop's Game of the Week.

See the full preview here: