Cardinal Closet offers students access to professional clothing

<p>Cardinal Closet is a resource on campus that the Student Action Team created to help students who are in need of professional clothing. It is located in room 137 in the Mysch/Hurst wing of LaFollette. Kaiti Sullivan, DN</p>

Cardinal Closet is a resource on campus that the Student Action Team created to help students who are in need of professional clothing. It is located in room 137 in the Mysch/Hurst wing of LaFollette. Kaiti Sullivan, DN

To donate to Cardinal Closet, students should email sat@bsu.edu.

Cardinal Closet is a resource on campus that the Student Action Team created to help students who are in need of professional clothing.

The closet, located in the Mysch/Hurst wing of LaFollette in room H137, holds clothing of all different sizes, styles and colors so that students will have somewhere to go when they are in need of clothes.

"Cardinal Closet has helped students become confident so that they are better apt to succeed at their interview," Christian Davis, public relations coordinator and junior telecommunications major, said.

Each student is allowed three free clothing items every semester, but must set up an appointment to visit the closet.

Seven students have already visited Cardinal Closet this year, and Payden Leatherman, vice president of the SAT and junior animations major, said that the SAT encourages every student to feel comfortable using the resource.

In order to fill the closet, the SAT holds donation drives throughout the year and also accepts donations at any time. 

Clothes that have been in the rotation for a while or go out of style are not wasted, however. Instead, the SAT donates those clothes to local shelters.

"We give back to the Muncie community because we know their home may not be here at Ball State, but they can find a home in the Muncie community," Davis said.

The SAT also works to help the community and give students even more of a chance to connect and give back through events such as Bingo After Dark, 24 Hours of Service and Journey to Hope.