A full team effort gives women's volleyball a win over Idaho State

Junior Outside Hitter Ellie Dunn prepares for a kill on  Sept. 1 at John E. Worthen Arena. Dunn ended the night with 14 kills. Chase Akins, DN.
Junior Outside Hitter Ellie Dunn prepares for a kill on Sept. 1 at John E. Worthen Arena. Dunn ended the night with 14 kills. Chase Akins, DN.

Ball State women’s volleyball returned to the court this evening at the Colorado State Tournament to rally against Idaho State, ultimately snagging a win for the Cardinals (6-3) after suffering a 1-3 setback to No. 25 Colorado State in the early afternoon.

The team finished the match against Idaho State in four sets, winning the first with the Bengals (3-6) taking the second set (25-23, 27-29). The team ultimately took it home with the last two sets (25-21, 25-21).

The Ball State offense was limited to a .171 (48-24-140) attack percentage, when senior outside hitter Jessica Lindsey and freshman Kia Holder conducted a play that shifted the momentum of the final two sets. 

Lindsey blasted seven kills, secured two blocks and hit .312 (7-2-16) in the final two sets, while Holder recorded a career-high nine kills and hit .300 (9-3-20) in three sets. 

Junior middle hitter Emily Holland led the Cardinals with 10 kills, as the team only totaled for 48, compared to Idaho State’s 55 kills.

Sophomore setter Amber Seaman contributed 40 assists with 16 digs and two blocks, and redshirt junior middle hitter Meg Starling added eight kills and 10 blocks.

Leading in kills for the Bengals were Abby Garrity with 18 and Chloe Hirst with 15.

Ball State will finish out the tournament at noon on Sunday against No. 16 Michigan.