Editor's Note: Emma Rogers and Tyson Bird are senior journalism majors who write "Dinner for 2ish" for the Daily News. Their views do not necessarily agree with those of the paper.
We started cooking together in the summer of 2015 and have planned and cooked a dinner every week since. Our recipes are often inspired by the New York Times’ cooking website but are adapted to fit Muncie availability and a college budget.
These sandwiches are easy, classy and super delicious. That's pretty much the same philosophy we've used for Dinner for 2ish these last two years. Thank you so much for watching. Be sure to connect with us on Facebook for more cooking adventures after Ball State!
Happy graduation and best of luck.
- Tyson and Emma
Pesto grilled cheese
- Nice loaf of bread, sliced
- Mozzarella cheese (we use shredded)
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Pesto (about 2 tablespoons per sandwich)
- Butter one side of a piece of bread
- Place the bread butter-side down into a skillet. Heat over medium heat.
- While the first slice heats, spread a layer of pesto directly onto the bread.
- Carefully add cheese, tomato and more cheese.
- Butter another piece of bread and place the bread on the sandwich, butter-side up
- Flip the sandwich. Use a spatula to press the top of the sandwich so the cheese melts better.
- Cook until lightly golden brown. Cut in half and serve!