RECAP: Ball State softball vs. Miami

Stat Leaders:

Hits: Maddy Labrador — 4

Runs Batted In: Maddy Labrador — 3

Walks: Maddy Labrador — 2

Freshman Janae Hogg hit a walk-off RBI single to win game one for the Cardinals — and senior Rachel Houck one-upped her with a walk-off home run in game two.

In game one, the Cardinals (20-17, 4-1 MAC) trailed 5-4 going into the bottom of the sixth inning when junior shortstop Brittany Hopper singled to centerfield to drive in junior outfielder Cadie O'Donnell to tie it 5-5.

After the RedHawks (17-13, 3-2 MAC) didn't score in top of the seventh, Hogg singled to right center, driving in sophomore utility player Aeshia Miles to give the Cardinals the 6-5 win.

In game two, Ball State trailed 1-0 until the seventh, when freshman left fielder Haley Dominique doubled to left center, driving in Miles to tie it game 1-1. Houck drove a ball deep over the right field wall to give the Cardinals a 3-1 win and cap off two comeback victories.

Ball State also had solid play from junior second baseman Maddy Labrador, who finished the doubleheader with four hits, one home run, one double, three RBIs and two walks. 

The Cardinals starting pitchers in both games threw complete games. Junior right-hander Carolyn Wilmes gave up seven hits, five runs and one walk while striking out seven in game one. Freshman righty Darcie Huber gave up three hits, one run and two walks while striking out in eight in the game two win. 

Ball State will try to complete the three-game sweep against the RedHawks at noon Sunday.