Elliott Dining offers carryout option

<p>Elliott dining will now allow students to purchase carryout lunches. The change, which was unveiled in February, was created in order to Elliott and hopefully increase the dining hall’s revenue.&nbsp;<strong>Suzanne Clem // Photo Provided</strong></p>

Elliott dining will now allow students to purchase carryout lunches. The change, which was unveiled in February, was created in order to Elliott and hopefully increase the dining hall’s revenue. Suzanne Clem // Photo Provided

What's on the menu?

Elliott Dining features fresh salad and fruit bars, custom-made stir-fry, homestyle and grill favorites, soups, and desserts in a time-saving self-serve setting, according to a university email. See menus on NetNutrition.

How much does it cost?

For $9.40, you receive three containers to fill however you like:
9 x 9" 3-compartment container
6 x 6" box -or- soup container
16-oz. cup and lid

Questions? Ask an Elliott Dining cashier or email dining@bsu.edu.

Your meal swipe just became more flexible. Instead of sitting down for a traditional buffet meal, students are now able to purchase a carryout lunch from Elliott dining. 

“So far we feel it has been successful — we have sold 18 carry-out meals. We are very pleased with the results so far,” Karen Adkins, director of dining services and initiatives said in an e-mail. “The staff at Elliott have received many compliments from guests during the first two weeks of the program.”

The change was unveiled in February and the option was originally created in order to publicize Elliott and hopefully increase the dining hall’s revenue.

“The Elliott Dining carry-out program was developed to help promote Elliott and the wonderful opportunities it provides, and to build and increase revenue,” Adkins said. “The facility is a great resource for faculty, staff and customers within the university community.”

RELATED: Recipe for Success: Chef White oversees Noyer dining

The carryout program is still fairly new, and for students like Alexis Byrd, a freshman nursing major, it’s another way to stretch her meal swipe.

“You can take some back to your dorm — it’s another meal. You can basically make another meal,” Byrd said.

As for the overall experience in Elliott, Byrd believes that when compared to other dining halls, Elliott gives more options for students.

“I think they put a little bit more effort into making the food than other places and it has all the cereal and all the drinks and the dessert,” Byrd said.

An Elliott dining employee said that overall, the program is "going pretty well" and "it’s a good deal for something you really like."

Students can carry out lunch between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.