RECAP: Ball State men's swim and dive vs. Miami

Sophomore Alec Tuthill swims in the 200m freestyle during the senior meet against Notre Dame on Feb. 4 in Lewellen Pool. Tuthill finsihed sixth with a time of 1:48:85. Grace Ramey // DN

Top Cardinal finishes

Cullen Tyler — breaststroke, individual medley

Isaac Walling — freestyle

Banistre Lienhart — freestyle

In Ball State men's swimming and diving final meet before the Mid-American Conference Championships, the Cardinals suffered a 207.5-89.5 loss to Miami Saturday afternoon.

Sophomore Cullen Tyler took home both of the Cardinals first place finishes. Tyler tied for first in the 100 breaststroke with a time of 57:39. In the 200 breaststroke Tyler notched a time of 2:05:18. He also placed second in the 200 individual medley.

Senior Tanner Barton placed second in the 200 butterfly with a time of 1:54:34 earning him four points. In the 100 butterfly, Barton finished second with a time of 51:42. 

Junior Banistre Lienhart placed third in the 200 freestyle with a time of 1:45:42 gathering three points for the Cardinals. Senior Austin Green placed in both the 50 and 100 freestyle. Freshman Logan Ackley also placed third in the 200 backstroke with a time of 1:57:33.

Junior Isaac Walling finished second in the 1000 freestyle with a time of 9:57:39. He also placed third in the 500 freestyle with a time of 4:55:69.

In the 200 freestyle relay consisting of Zach Reichle, Barton, Ben Andrew and Green placed second with a time of 1:26:10.

MAC Championships begin March 1 and go through March 4 in Carbondale, Illinois.