Broadway magic group The Illusionists to perform at Emens

<p>The Illusionists are a group of seven stars who have mastered various aspects of magic. They&nbsp;will be bringing the magic to Ball State straight from Broadway at 7:30 p.m. today in John R. Emens Auditorium.&nbsp;Ball State //&nbsp;Photo Courtesy&nbsp;</p>

The Illusionists are a group of seven stars who have mastered various aspects of magic. They will be bringing the magic to Ball State straight from Broadway at 7:30 p.m. today in John R. Emens Auditorium. Ball State // Photo Courtesy 

What: The Illusionists

When: 7:30 p.m. today

Where: Emens Auditorum

Tickets: Tickets are free for students in advance and $12 at the door. For more ticket and seating options, check out the Ball State event page.

The Illusionists will be bringing the magic to Ball State straight from Broadway at 7:30 p.m. today in John R. Emens Auditorium.

The Illusionists are a group of seven stars who have mastered various aspects of magic.

Each member of the group specializes in something different to bring a diverse array of talents to the stage, said Kevin James, one of the group's performers.

“We all have different styles but we are all experts in our specific field,” James said. “I love working on new ideas with these people when we are not onstage.”

The Manipulator, Yu Ho-Jin, is known as the the manipulator of mystery and wonder and was recently named the 2014 “Magician of the Year” by Academy of Magical Arts.

The Anti-Conjuror, Dan Sperry, specializes in "shock illusions." He combines the art of magic with the macabre to leave audiences in a state of shock and amazement. He has performed on shows such as "America’s Got Talent" and "World Magic Awards." 

The Trickster, Jeff Hobson, specializes in comedy magic. "He leaves audiences laughing long after the curtain goes down," according to the group’s website.

The Escapologist, Andrew Basso, specializes in death-defying acts. He is influenced by his hero, Harry Houdini, and his escapes — whether they take place underwater, 150 feet in the air or anywhere in between. His performances include explosives, water boxes, cars bursting into flames and much more.

The Inventor, James, is known for his innovative illusions. James is an inventor and comedian and is one of the most well-known inventors of magic in the world.

The Weapon Master, Ben Blaque, performs acts using highly powerful crossbows to shoot various objects supported by his assistant.

He has appeared on "America’s Got Talent" four times, and has performed all over the world in places like Dortmund, Germany, and Colombia.

The Deductionist, Colin Cloud, is known as a real-life, modern-day Sherlock Holmes, using Holmes’ popular method of deduction and thought reading to predict what will happen.

While each Illusionist brings his own strength to the show, the group works together to bring audiences the best show they can and to show them tricks they haven’t seen before.

“We all have mutual respect for each other as we are all at the top of our game,” James said.

While they continue to tour their show across the United States, they are still pursuing new ways in which they can test the limits and expand their craft to make it even better.

“I hope to keep creating new and wonderful art that touches my audience in some emotional way,” James said. ”I want to have fun. I want to make my family happy and proud.”