RECAP: Ball State men's basketball vs. Bradley

Ball State's forward/guard Sean Sellers attempts a layup during the game against Indiana State on Nov. 15 in Worthen Arena. The Cardinals lost 74-80. Grace Ramey // DN

Ball State stats:

Field goal percentage: 58                           

3-point percentage: 50

Points in paint: 32

Rebounds: 30

Turnovers: 15

Bradley stats: 

Field goal percentage: 42.9

3-point percentage: 41.2

Points in paint: 24

Rebounds: 25

Turnovers: 16

Junior forward Sean Sellers drained a three-pointer on Ball State’s first possession of the game and the Cardinals never looked back, winning 80-63 Dec. 6.

Ball State led for 17 minutes and 34 seconds of the first half and all 20 minutes of the second half. The Cardinals never trailed.

“It feels good. It was a good feeling in the locker room,” head coach James Whtiford said. “I thought we played the game the right way, defended well, and it feels good to come out on one where we kind of had control of it all game.”

After the first half, Ball State led 34-23 and held Bradley to 36.4 percent shooting.

In the second half, Bradley cut the lead down 49-42 with 11:34 remaining, but sophomore forward Trey Moses scored two of his game-leading 17 points to start a 10-1 run.

"[Moses] is better in every category,” Whitford said. “He is more experienced, more athletic — you watch him jump now and get some dunks now that he would have never got a year ago.”

With 5:40 left in the game, Moses was fouled and sent to the line. He connected on the first free throw, but missed the second. Following the shot, Moses corralled the rebound and found senior forward/guard Ryan Weber for a 3-pointer, giving Ball State the 67-51 lead.

After Bradley's air ball on the following possession, Weber was found in transition and hit the dagger, another 3-ball to put the Cardinals up 70-51. Weber finished with 13 points on 7-11 shooting.

“I feel like once that happened, we felt like we got this now,” Moses said. “Coming off our last game we struggled to finish, but we did that today."

Moses was one rebound shy of his second double-double on the year, leading the team with nine.

Ball State shot 58 percent from the field, 50 percent from three-point land and held the Braves to 42.9 percent shooting on 87 possessions.

“We scored 80 points on 74 possessions, which is off the charts,” Whitford said. “This will be our most efficient offensive game of the year.”