Muncie events to check out during Winter Break

Nadja Rottmann, an exchange student, walks through campus on Jan. 10. DN PHOTO SAMANTHA BRAMMER

Whether you call Muncie home or not, there is something here for everyone this break. From a holiday light exhibit to help you get into the Christmas spirit to a dance party to help you welcome in the new year, check out just some of what Muncie will be offering this season.

Dec. 16

Gresham Drive-Thru Light Exhibit, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Dec. 16 through 18.

Squeeze in the car with friends and family and stay warm as you enjoy the magical scene of Christmas lights on the Suzanne Gresham Center campus at 3620 W. White River Blvd.

Ugly Christmas Sweater Party, 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.

Head over to Mark III Tap Room at 306 S. Walnut St. with your friends and with your ugly Christmas sweater to compete for the ugliest Christmas sweater award at 11:30 p.m. With a DJ and holiday drink specials, this is a get-together you won’t want to miss.

Dec. 17

Hometown Family Christmas 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Come out to John R. Emens Auditorium and show your support for the America's Hometown Band, which provides the Muncie community with many free concerts throughout the year. Tickets are $10 for adults, $8 for seniors and free for children. Free parking is available at the Emens and Sursa parking structures nearby.

"Die Hard" — An Aw Yeah Christmas Party, 6 p.m.

Join Aw Yeah Comics for a screening of the movie "Die Hard." The party will begin at 6 and the movie will start at 8 p.m. There will be a photo booth and much more.

"Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"

Come enjoy this beloved musical at the Muncie Civic Theatre. The show is running from Dec. 8 to 11 and 15 to 18. Thursday, Friday and Saturday shows start at 7:30 p.m.

Tickets are $18 for adults, $15 for groups of 10 or more and $13 for students and children.

Dec. 22

Open Blues Jam, 8 p.m.

Hosted every Thursday at Valhalla-Downtown, come out for their open blues jam. This free event is for those 21 and older. Sign-up starts at 7 p.m. and the stage opens at 8 p.m. Gain some liquid courage with their $2.50 pints of Two Hearted and their $3 pints of Noble Order Beer.

Dec. 31

Dance into the Future: Fickle Peach NYE 17, 9 p.m.

Come out to The Fickle Peach dressed up in your future look and dance away the year with your friends. With great music and lights, this is the place to be on New Year's Eve from Dec. 31 at 9 p.m. to Jan. 1 until 2 a.m.

New Year’s Eve Drag Show Dance Party, 8 p.m.

Come out to Be Here Now from 8 p.m. to 3 a.m. and enjoy a Drag Bash you won’t want to miss, hosted by Venus and Diana Thirst. The show starts at 9 p.m., followed by an open dance floor. The show is all ages and the cover charge for 21 and up is $5, and $10 for 20 and under. There will be drink specials and a chance to earn prizes in a raffle contest.