Hurricane Matthew weather update

MUNCIE, IN (NewsLink Indiana)--Hurricane Matthew is considered the first category four hurricane in the Caribbean in fifty-two years. Hurricane Cleo threatened Haiti, the Bahamas, and Cuba as a category four in 1964. This hurricane comes six years later after Haiti was affected by a magnitude seven earthquake. Bridges have been washed away making it even harder to get those heavily affected by Matthew, the main one being the La Digue Bridge that separates southwest Haiti from the rest of the country. As of Wednesday, the United States has sent nine military helicopters to help with rescues and bringing supplies. As hurricane Matthew gets closer and closer to the United States. The state of Florida is taking necessary actions. Florida Governor Rick Scott says quote "this storm will kill you". President Obama has declared Florida under a state of emergency. The National Guard has deployed over six-thousand to help get everyone to evacuate before it's too late. Scott removed tolls on the Florida turnpike; alligator alley, central Florida expressway authority and the Miami-Dade express way authority to increase evacuation. Walt Disney world is closing all of its parks. Miami international airport has cancelled ninety percent of their flight schedule. Along with Florida, the governors of North and South Carolina have also issued state of emergencies. The hurricane is currently a category 3 with winds sustained at around 120 mph and is located off the coast near Daytona Beach. Stay tuned to NewsLink Indiana weather for more updates and follow us on twitter @NLIWeather