SGA to host second Town Hall meeting during BLITZ week

<p>James Wells, Student Government Association president, speaks during the first town hall meeting of the year on August 31. SGA will hold its second town hall meeting on Oct. 26 from 5 to 6 p.m. in the L.A Pittenger Student Center as part of the annual BLITZ week.&nbsp;<em style="font-size: 14px;">Allie Kirkman // DN</em></p>

James Wells, Student Government Association president, speaks during the first town hall meeting of the year on August 31. SGA will hold its second town hall meeting on Oct. 26 from 5 to 6 p.m. in the L.A Pittenger Student Center as part of the annual BLITZ week. Allie Kirkman // DN

As part of the Student Government Association's annual BLITZ week, SGA will be hosting its second Town Hall meeting of the year Oct. 26.

Students will have the chance to voice their concerns from 5 to 6 p.m. in L.A. Pittenger Student Center Room 301-302. 

At the first Town Hall meeting of the year in August, students brought up university transparency, transportation at night for women, the lack of on-campus bike paths and gender-neutral housing. 

One student mentioned former President Paul W. Ferguson's resignation last year and the Charles Koch Foundation grant as examples of a lack of academic integrity and transparency in the university. 

In addition to hosting the Town Hall meeting this week, SGA was at the Scramble Light Oct. 24 and Oct. 25 to exchange ideas with students and promote SGA. They also plan to canvas campus during their traditional SGA senate meeting time at 3:15 p.m. on Wednesdays.