Your horoscope for October 19

Today's Birthday (10/19/16). This is your year to shine. Smile for the camera, and share your message. New directions with a community effort this spring lead to rising energy levels. A change of heart next autumn inspires renewed passion between friends. Nurture your roots to reach the sky.

To get the advantage, check the day's rating: 10 is the easiest day, 0 the most challenging

Aries (March 21-April 19): Today is a 5 -- Face family conflict between fantasy and reality. Household issues require attention over the next two days. A theory gets challenged through application. Slow the action. Make modifications.

Taurus (April 20-May 20): Today is a 7 -- Pursue answers. Don't believe someone who says it's impossible. Get into an exploratory phase over the next two days. Study and practice. Talk with experienced teachers.

Gemini (May 21-June 20): Today is a 7 -- Keep communication channels open. A surprise gets dished up. Make changes to manage shifting circumstances. You can still make money over the next two days. Postpone chores.

Cancer (June 21-July 22): Today is a 9 -- Step into greater power today and tomorrow. Get coaching to go further, faster. Keep practicing. You're especially sensitive. Ignore chaos and push toward a personal goal.

Leo (July 23-Aug. 22): Today is a 5 -- Grab a bargain without maxing out your card. Don't touch savings, either. Slow down and think over what you really want. Get philosophical. Indulge in private rituals.

Virgo ( Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Today is a 7 -- Collaborate with friends over the next few days. Discuss wishes and goals for the future. Consider the tough questions. You don't have to do it all.

Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22):Today is an 8 -- Plan for two days in the spotlight. You're attracting the attention of someone important. Stick by your principles. Stifle complaints or criticism, and smile for the cameras.

Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Today is a 7 -- The next two days are good for expanding your territory. Slow down for unexpected developments. Give your loved ones full attention when requested. Wait for clear conditions.

Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Today is a 6 -- A critic helps you fix something that's broken. Creativity is required. Read the manual first. A lack of funds could threaten plans. Manage the budget today and tomorrow.

Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Today is a 7 -- Negotiate with your partner today and tomorrow. New information compels a change in plans. Proceed with caution. Guard against losses. Shift priorities as required. Sort out details later.

Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18):  Today is a 5 -- Balance your work with your health for the next two days. Make sure you're well fed and rested for endurance. Acknowledge limitations, and make adjustments.

Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20): Today is a 7 -- Focus on romance today and tomorrow, although cables could get crossed. Don't jump to conclusions. A friend or relation provides keen insight. Slow down around confusion.

Nancy Black continues her mother   Linda Black's legacy horoscopes column. She welcomes comments and questions on Twitter, @lindablack. For more astrological interpretations visit Linda Black Horoscopesand www.nancyblack.com