Rocky Horror Picture Show comes to Cornerstone

The Rocky Horror Picture Show - Official Fan Club Poster #1

What: Rocky Horror Picture Show

Where: Cornerstone Center for the Arts in the E.B. Ball Auditorium

When: September 24 at 8 p.m. (doors open at 7 p.m.)

Ticket information: Advance tickets are $10 and can be bought on the Cornerstone website, or by visiting or calling the box office (765-289-9687). 

Tickets can be purchased at the door for $15

It is time to take out your fishnets and bright red lipstick; Cornerstone Center for the Arts is giving you the opportunity to come to Dr. Frank-N-Furter’s mansion and meet some wild monsters this weekend.

On Sept. 24, Cornerstone will be putting on its annual performance of the "Rocky Horror Picture Show." This will be the first of many Halloween events Cornerstone will put on within the next two months.

Zachary Allen will be directing the show, as well as playing the lead role of Dr. Frank-N-Furter in the production.

Not only is Allen a Ball State alumnus, but he also founded the Shadow Cast of Ball State which puts on its own production of the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" every year on campus at midnight on Halloween. 

Allen was elated when Cornerstone Center for the Arts contacted him about performing at their center.

“The year after I graduated [from Ball State], I was really worried because I wasn’t a student anymore so I couldn't do the show,” Allen said. “[Cornerstone] reached out to Muncie Civic, where I work, and asked if I could perform a few songs… I don’t think they had any intention of doing a Shadow Cast.”

At that time, Cornerstone did not have enough actors and actresses to put on a full production of the show; however, Allen called back and suggested that they recruit a full cast and put on the "Rocky Horror Picture Show." From that point on, the show became an annual tradition at Cornerstone, lead each year by Allen.

Auditions and rehearsals for this year’s production began in early August, with the cast meeting up to practice twice a week. However, with the show’s date rapidly approaching, Cornerstone’s Shadow Cast has been meeting more frequently in order to make sure their show is as perfect as it can be.

Cornerstone is known to host many creative events throughout the year and the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" is no exception. All of the actors and actresses in the show are completely volunteering their time to perform in the show.

“Cornerstone offers art education to the Muncie community. We have an ‘arts for all mentality,’ meaning anyone who wants to take an art education class can. We do this primarily through financial aid,” said Jeff Robinson, director of community relations at Cornerstone Center for the Arts. “Fundraisers like this help provide the necessary funding to be able to provide those scholarships.”

The Rocky Horror Picture Show will take place Sept. 24, in the E.B. Ball Auditorium at Cornerstone Center for the Arts. Doors open at 7 p.m. with the show beginning at 8 p.m. 

General admission tickets are $10 and can be purchased in advance online, at Cornerstone’s second floor desk from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday or by calling 765-289-9687. You can also purchase tickets the day of the show at Cornerstone for $15.