Movies to see this July

Wondering what movies you can catch this month? Here’s a list of all the nationwide releases for July.

July 1

"The Legend of Tarzan"

Years after Tarzan left the jungle in the Congo for a more refined life as Lord Greystroke, he and his wife return to be Parliament’s trade emissary. When his wife becomes a pawn in a deadly plot, the man formerly known as Tarzan will have to go to great lengths to save them both. Alexander Skarsgard, Margot Robbie, Cristoph Waltz and Samuel L. Jackson star in this "Tarzan" reboot.

"The BFG"

This animated retelling of the classic Roald Dahl children’s book tells the story of a young girl meeting a friendly giant and the friendship that ensues. He introduces her to the good and bad things about Giant Country and teaches her about the magic of dreams. This movie is directed by Steven Spielberg and features the voices of Ruby Barnhill, Mark Rylance and Bill Hader.

"The Purge: Election Year"

The third installment in "The Purge" series follows Senator Charlene Roan, who was the only member of her family to survive The Purge as a child. The senator, now a presidential candidate who wants to end the annual purge, becomes the target as her opposition use 12 hours of legal crime to unleash a deadly scheme. This "Purge" movie stars Frank Grillo and Elizabeth Mitchell.

July 8

"The Secret Life of Pets"

This 3D animated film follows the lives of pets while their owners are away. When the group of dogs meet an army of abandoned pets who are determined to get back at humans and owner-loving pets, the dogs must stop the evil scheme and make it back before their owners notice they’re gone. "The Secret Life of Pets" features the voices of Louis C.K., Eric Stonestreet and Kevin Hart.

"Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates"

When Mike and Dave, two brothers who love to party and get into trouble, need respectable and tame dates for their sister’s wedding, they put the word out on Craigslist. But once they get to Hawaii with their dates, they realize the girls they picked are just looking for a wild getaway and are completely out of control. Zac Efron, Adam Devine, Aubrey Plaza and Anna Kendrick star in this comedy.

July 13

"The Infiltrator"

Based on a true story, this movie follows a U.S. customs agent who plans to infiltrate a drug ring by impersonating a money laundering businessman. A wrong move could mean death, but if he plays his cards right, 85 drug lords will see their day in court. This thriller drama stars Bryan Cranston, Benjamin Bratt and John Leguizamo.

July 15

"Ghostbusters"

This reboot of the classic flick features an all-female ghostbusting crew. After writing a book that claims ghosts are real, author Erin Gilbert is laughed out of her job at Columbia University. She then teams up with co-author, Abby Bergman to fight the ghosts that have begun to terrorize New York City. The reboot stars Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Chris Hemsworth.

July 22

"Star Trek Beyond"

When the Enterprise crew is stuck on an unfriendly and hostile planet, they’ll have to deal with threats from new enemies and aliens. Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Idris Elba and Zoe Saldana star in the newest installment of the "Star Trek" series.

"Lights Out"

After dealing with strange occurrences when the lights went out at night, Rebecca thinks her trouble is over when she moves away. That is, until her little brother starts experiencing the same thing. A supernatural force is now threatening him and the rest of their family. Teresa Palmer, Gabriel Bateman and Maria Bello star in this horror film.

"Ice Age: Collision Course"

Scrat’s obsession with his acorn takes him to outer space, where he accidentally sets off a series of cosmic disturbances that threaten the Ice Age. Sid, Manny, Diego and the rest of their herd will have to embark on a strange and comedic journey to save their lives. This newest "Ice Age" movie features the voices of Ray Romano, John Leguizamo, Denis Leary and Jennifer Lopez.

"Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie"

When two English celebrities get blamed for a mishap at a fashion launch, they find themselves tangled in a media frenzy. The two decide to ditch paparazzi and flee to the French Riviera for a fabulous getaway that they hope to make permanent. This movie stars Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley and features cameos from Kate Moss, Emma Bunton and Chris Colfer.

"Hillary’s America: The Secret History of The Democratic Party"

Dinesh D’Souza, filmmaker and New York Times bestselling author, takes audiences through the history of the democratic party, Hillary’s motivations and what the country would be like in the future if Clinton were elected.

July 27

"Nerve"

When a high school student starts playing an online version of truth or dare, she gets matched up with with a stranger. The game seems innocent at first, but soon the two find that their every move is being manipulated by those who watch the game. This mystery/crime thriller stars Emma Roberts, Dave Franco and Juliette Lewis.

July 29

"Bad Moms"

When trying to be the perfect mom becomes too much for Amy, she joins forces with two other over-worked and stressed moms, who free themselves from their responsibilities. But not everyone is on their side — the "bad moms" find themselves in a showdown with Gwendolyn and her group of seemingly perfect moms. "Bad Moms" stars Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, Kathryn Hahn, Christina Applegate and Jada Pinkett Smith.

"Jason Bourne"

The latest Bourne movie catches up with Jason seven years after he disappears (in "Bourne Ultimatum"). He is still trying to find answers about his past and family, but with the country at a time of instability and a new program designed to find him, Jason emerges from the shadows he’s been in for the last several years. The fifth Bourne movie stars Matt Damon, Alicia Vikander, Julia Stiles and Tommy Lee Jones.

"Café Society"

This film, set in the 1930s, follows a young man from the Bronx, who moves to Hollywood to spend time with his uncle — and agent to the stars. The man falls in love with his uncle’s secretary but soon returns to New York, where he becomes swept up in the high society night life. "Café Society" stars Jesse Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart, Blake Lively and Steve Carell and is directed by Woody Allen.