Seven local places to get ice cream, satisfy sweet tooth

<p><em>PHOTO COURTESY OF PUBLICDOMAINPICTURES.NET</em></p>

PHOTO COURTESY OF PUBLICDOMAINPICTURES.NET

Tired of boxed popsicles to keep you cool this summer? Try one of these local places to satisfy your sweet tooth for ice cream, custard and frozen yogurt.

Berry Winkle

Located on Tillotson Avenue, Berry Winkle is a self-serve frozen yogurt shop. Customers have their coice of 14 frozen yogurt flavors and a wide selection of more than 50 toppings to add. Indoor seating is also available.

Diggidy’s Frozen Treat Factory

On Scatterfield Road in Anderson, Diggidy’s offers ice cream, custard, frozen yogurt, sorbet, Italian ice, hand-dipped ice cream and smoothies, as well as more than 250 toppings for customers to choose from.

Hunnicutt’s Dairy Bar

Hunnicutt’s offers ice cream cones, specialty items and shakes, as well as hot food. Located on S. Burlington Drive, customers can order at the drive through and take their orders to go or eat at picnic tables outside.

Frazier's Dairy Maid

Located on Main Street in Anderson, Frazier’s offers a wide range of ice cream options, as well as sandwiches. Customers can eat in their cars or at picnic tables outside.

Let’s Spoon

Conveniently located in the Village, Let’s Spoon is a self-serve frozen yogurt shop. There are daily specials and a Name of the Day promotion for a free 5-ounce frozen yogurt with an ID.

Good’s Candy Shop

On 53rd Street in Anderson, Good’s doesn’t only offer chocolate. It also sells homemade ice cream in more than 50 flavors for customers to choose from. It features a flavor of the week and has nuts and seasonal fruits to add in.

Baskin Robbins

Famous for its 31 flavors, Baskin Robbins has something for every ice cream appetite. The store is located on North Wheeling Avenue and has both indoor and outdoor seating.