Stormy weather throughout the week and into next

Newslink Indiana Weather - 04/25/2016

Muncie, IN (NewsLink Indiana) -- This week is going to see unstable conditions throughout the area. Today is one of the few days this week when we will see some sunshine, but low pressure system will begin to make its way through east central Indiana overnight. With the passage of the cold front associated with the low pressure system, along with convective heating at night, is going to provide us with a chance for some thunderstorms tonight. Tuesday that rain chance will hang around as the cold front passes through, but chances for more thunderstorms will increase as the day progresses. Wednesday another low pressure system begins to approach us, and with it comes the best chance for heavy rain, where we could pick up anywhere from 0.25 to 0.5 inches of rain. Wednesday night, thunderstorms are again possible, and this chance for rain and thunderstorms will continue into Thursday. Thursday the low pressure system should move through completely, and we will have high pressure for a brief period on Friday. This means clouds will clear out and the sunshine will return! Unfortunately, the chance for rain returns on Saturday afternoon. Temperatures will start to fall and the best chance for significant rainfall will occur on Sunday and will carry into next week. For your weather updates, make sure to follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather