Xbox One cross-network play is finally a reality

In a surprising announcement, Microsoft and development studio Psyonix jointly announced that the hit indie title Rocket League will be the first Xbox One game to utilize cross-network play between Microsoft’s console and PCs.

In a statement written by Jeremy Dunham, VP of Psyonix, he emphasized how excited and honored the team was to have Rocket League as the first cross-network game for the Xbox One.

“Cross-network play has been the number-one most requested feature our community has asked for since Rocket League was first announced on Xbox One, and now that we are able to pursue complete online unity on all platforms, today’s announcement is a dream come true.”

This comes almost seven months after an interview with Microsoft’s Corporate Vice President Kudo Tsunoda who stated, “You should be able to play what you love, and play together, regardless of what device you’re playing on,” while discussing Microsoft’s latest push for Xbox One/Windows 10 cross-play.

Even with titles such as Quantum Break and Gigantic having already promised this feature in the future, it is great to see Microsoft finally including a feature it’s main competitor has already been utilizing since 2014.

Expect to see Rocket League cross-network play to start working on the Xbox One later this spring, along with more information pertaining other platforms as well.

-----

Source: Rocket League

Image: Rocket League