Threat for severe weather this week

NewsLink Indiana Weather

Throughout Saturday evening and through last night, we officially picked up 1.17 inches of rain at the Muncie Airport, and that rain is expected to continue throughout the day today. We will see a slight break in the rain during the early hours, but should start again around noon. There is the slight chance for some thunderstorms throughout the day, so don’t be surprised if you see some lightning or hear some thunder, but we should not expect damaging winds. Overnight we should see the rain system continue to move out of our area. Tuesday we should see some slight breaks in the clouds throughout the day, but they day will continue to be gray. Tuesday evening there will be another low pressure system that will move to the north of us, bringing rain to east central Indiana and the possibility of a thunderstorm in the evening. The NOAA Storm Prediction Center has placed most of central Indiana under a slight risk of severe weather, which is better than the chance for Monday. This means that there is the possibility of damaging winds, thunder, and lightning. Wednesday we will see more of the clouds start to break up, allowing for more sunshine. That sunshine should persist on Thursday and Friday with only a slight chance for rain Thursday night.