Apple announced iOS 9.3 official release and more

During an invite only event, Apple has revealed that today its new iOS, 9.3, will have its official public release. This comes after Apple has been tweaking the update over seven betas. While the new update doesn’t include any revolutionary features, it does build upon iOS 9.2 and includes a new feature.

The newest feature brought along with iOS 9.3 is called Night Shift. Night Shift changes the display brightness and color temperature depending on what time of day it is, with cooler hues during the day and warmer hues during the night. Cooler hues are said to interfere with your ability to sleep at night, therefore this feature is expected to help when sleepy time comes about.

CarPlay and the Health app have both also received some touchups with this update. The Health app now gives you recommendations about apps to help you stay fit and eat healthy. CarPlay now has location based recommendations and a deeper tie with Apple Music’s recommendations and new release features.

Apple also gave some love to the educational purposes for iPads, focusing on streamlining the sharing process between students, allowing teachers to create interactive lessons and built-in device management tools for schools.

Some smaller features include more 3D Touch support for core iOS apps and Touch ID support to lock your Notes app.

Along with the new update, Apple announced its new line of phones. The iPhone SE, starting at $399, can be summed up as an iPhone 6/6s that looks like an iPhone 5. A new iPad Pro was announced, based on a 9.7-inch display, for iPad users who love the size of the iPad, but are ready for an update. The 12.9-inch iPad Pro is getting a new 256GB option for $1,099.

Apple was also ready to reveal some environmental projects going on. Liam is a project designed to deconstruct old phones, allowing parts inside to be repurposed. Apple Renew, not first heard of at this event, is a program that lets users send in old products.

Apple revealed some health related projects outside of the Health app. ResearchKit allows researcher to gather health data from willing participants, and CareKit is a framework for developers to build apps. The first app being released through CareKit is for Parkinson's.

-----

Source: ABC News

Image: ABC News