Ball State men's basketball moves past Bowling Green, 72-64

Sophomore forward Franko House blocks an opponent during the game against Bowling Green on Feb. 14 at Worthen Arena. DN PHOTO EMILY CUNNINGHAM

For the second straight game, the Ball State men's basketball team shot over 50 percent from the field. This time, it lead to a 72-64 victory over Bowling Green Feb. 2.

Entering the game, both teams' records were identical — 13-8 overall and 4-4 in the Mid-American Conference.

Going into halftime, the Cardinals trailed 33-40, then proceeded to outscore the Falcons by 15 points in the second half.

Both junior forward Franko House and sophomore guard Francis Kiapway put up 16 points and shot over 50 percent from the field in the contest. 

House led the team in rebounds with seven, and Kiapway led in 3-pointers, shooting four of the team's 10 total.

Off the bench, senior transfer center Nate Wells was 4-5 from the field with four rebounds, two assists and 9 points.

Both teams had 23 player fouls, but Bowling Green visited the free-throw line 32 times, hitting 22 of them. 

The free-throw line was the 9-point deficit which held the Cardinals back against the Akron Zips on Jan. 30.

Ball State (14-8, 5-4 MAC) will take on Western Michigan (9-13, 3-6 MAC) at 2 p.m. Feb. 6 in Worthen Arena.