Baseball goes 2-2 in Winter Haven, Fla.

Ball State Cardinals vs University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee at Chain of Lakes Stadium in Winter Haven, Florida. PHOTO PROVIDED BY BALL STATE ATHLETICS

Results

W vs. Milwaukee, 11-5

L vs. Kent State, 8-3

W vs. Milwaukee, 9-3

L vs. George Washington, 2-0

Ball State baseball (3-5) went 2-2 in the RussMatt Central Florida Invitational, including an 8-3 loss to Mid-American Conference opponent Kent State.

Junior first baseman Caleb Stayton led the Cardinals at the plate, going 8-16 with a home run, two doubles and nine RBI. In Ball State’s 11-5 win against Milwuakee on Friday, Stayton recorded six RBI.

Junior right fielder Alex Call also had a big weekend at the plate, with eight hits in 17 at-bats, three doubles, and a triple.

Collectively, the Cardinals hit .302 in the invitational after hitting just .193 in the Surprise Collegiate Baseball Classic the previous weekend.

On the mound, the Cardinals posted a 4.37 ERA.

Redshirt junior Kevin Marnon struck out six and allowed two earned runs in six innings against Kent State.

Sophomore right-handed pitcher Colin Brockhouse gave up just one earned run in six innings against George Washington on Sunday, but Ball State was shut out in the 2-0 loss.

The Cardinals will next play in the Chanticleer Classic on March 4-6 in Conway, S.C.