Blue Man Group to perform at Emens

<p>The Blue Man Group will be performing on Feb. 29&nbsp;at 7:30 p.m.&nbsp;John R. Emens Auditorium. The group was requested to come back to Muncie after their first performance. There are 1,400 seats left, and students can purchase them for $25. <em>PHOTO COURTESY OF WIKIPEDIA.ORG</em></p>

The Blue Man Group will be performing on Feb. 29 at 7:30 p.m. John R. Emens Auditorium. The group was requested to come back to Muncie after their first performance. There are 1,400 seats left, and students can purchase them for $25. PHOTO COURTESY OF WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Blue Man Group will be performing at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 29 at John R. Emens Auditorium. To purchase tickets, visit the Emens Box office or buy them online with Ticketmaster.

Blue Man Group will make an appearance in John R. Emens Auditorium Feb. 29. The stop is part of the group’s U.S. Tour, which kicked off Feb. 9.

This is not the first time Blue Man Group has come to Muncie. Kristi Chambers, assistant director of marketing and communications at Emens, said after the group’s first appearance, many who saw the show requested it come again.

“A lot of people absolutely love the show,” Chambers said. “It’s one of those shows you want to see again.”

The tour marks nearly 25 years since the groups’ creation. According to its website, Blue Man Group show has been performed in 15 countries since 1991. The group has regular stages in big cities such as Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas and New York. 

Blue Man Group is known for playing on pipes and its use of ever-changing technology. Performances are a mixture of comedy, theater, rock concert and dance party, according to Emens’ website.

More than 1,900 tickets were sold as of 3:30 pm on Feb. 24. There are approximately 1,400 seats left.

Students can purchase tickets for as low as $25, which is the lowest price Blue Man Group will sell tickets for, Chambers said.

Kendra Storz, a sophomore animation major, said this is her first time seeing the group perform. She has wanted to see a show after her grandma saw one in Las Vegas.

“My grandma thought [Blue Man Group] was really cool,” Storz said. “They seem kind of mysterious, so that’s intriguing.”