'Ant Simulator' killed by booze, strippers and rogue devs

Ant Simulator

He announced that the game’s development was cancelled because his friends and co-founders, Tyler Monce and Devon Staley, had misused the game’s Kickstarter and investment funds.

“They had secretly spent the overwhelming majority of our Kickstarter money and the Ant Simulator investment money on liquor, restaurants, bars and even strippers,” Tereshinski said.

In addition, Tereshinski announced that he would step down from his position because he did not want his career to be associated with Monce and Staley.

“My ex-business partners directly said to me that if you release Ant Simulator without us we will sue you,” Tereshinski said. He explained:

“A year and a half ago, I signed an LLC agreement with them. I trusted them and they had been my friends for 11 years. I made the mistake of trusting them. That means that resigning, and therefore cancelling the development of Ant Simulator, is really the only option available to me right now.”

Unfortunately, there was nothing he could do to continue development for the game or use any related content for his own. Tereshinski was also legally obligated to remove all content from his YouTube channel that was made during his time with ETeeski. That includes Ant Simulator, Go Home You’re Drunk and the Ultimate Game Dev tutorial series. However, he did say that he would try to get refunds to those who preordered the game.

Tereshinski says that he isn’t giving up on game development despite this setback and promises to rebrand his channel and keep moving forward.

-----

Source: PC Gamer, Develop

Image: Softpedia, PCGamesN