Recent graduates share advice for seniors

<p>Recent Ball State graduates shared their advice for seniors on how to enjoy their last few months at Ball State.<em>&nbsp;</em><i style="background-color: initial;">DN FILE PHOTO SAMANTHA BRAMMER</i></p>

Recent Ball State graduates shared their advice for seniors on how to enjoy their last few months at Ball State. DN FILE PHOTO SAMANTHA BRAMMER

The beginning of Spring Semester is an important milestone for many Ball State seniors who will graduate in May. It's their last semester of school before they head off into the real world.

Recent graduates shared some advice for seniors on how to make the most of the time they have left at Ball State.

Take advantage of campus resources

“Use all of the resources that the campus has before you leave, because once you leave you don't have a chance to get professional help for free. Get your résumé and cover letter perfected at the career center, make a LinkedIn profile, start networking and have all career materials ready,” said Danielle Abouhalkah, a speech pathology major from the class of 2014.

Don’t stress out too much about the future

“Going from school to a career can be one hell of a transition. I've found that sooner or later, things always have a way of working out,” said Nick Forth, a sociology major from the class of 2015.

Spend time with those who matter

“Spend as much time as you can with the people who truly deserve it, the ones you are closest with. They are the ones you are going to miss when you're all out of college,” said Leighann Smith, a psychology major from the class of 2015.

Focus on a balanced student life

“Don’t put the weight of the world on your shoulders. Yes, good grades are extremely important, but you have made it to graduation. You know that you will be able to complete your work just fine. Treat yourself and have fun on campus with your friends – it goes so quickly,” said Carly Cox, an elementary education major from the class of 2015.