Eight feelings every Cardinal loves

<p>Tailgating&nbsp;at Scheumann Stadium is one of the best parts of being a Cardinal. DN FILE&nbsp;PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY</p>

Tailgating at Scheumann Stadium is one of the best parts of being a Cardinal. DN FILE PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

Every college student knows the struggle, but these feelings remind us all why we love it so much.

1. Waking up to an email that your 8 a.m. is canceled

We all know that waking up to get ready for any class earlier than noon is nearly impossible. Every day is bum day, and we have all definitely accepted that. While it is a struggle, we keep it together and power through it, but there are times where the heavens open up and you read an email that class is canceled. This feeling of pure ecstasy lasts as we pull our blankets back up and press snooze.

2. Finding out that you don’t need the book for a course

While a fresh start and new classes is exciting, the one moment every college student dreads is finding out the hefty price tag on a text book they will probably use as a folder for loose papers. So it’s no surprise that one of the best feelings known to mankind is being told by a professor that the class does not require a textbook.

3. Coming home to your roommates after a rough day

There are just some days where everything that could possibly go wrong, does. These are the days that you thank the lord that you have your best friends to go home to and vent all night. These are the friends that order a pizza and put a movie on and listen to you complain about that horrible professor for hours.

4. The rush you feel when Cousin Vinny’s is at your door

We have all experienced a long night out that consisted of only dreaming about the large pizza and side of bread sticks you will order later. Nothing compares to the moment when the pizza deliverer rings the doorbell to deliver that cheesy goodness to be devoured minutes later.

5. The first tailgate of the season

Every college student loves tailgate. Who wouldn’t love an excuse to get dressed up from head to toe to show Ball State pride? There is something about the atmosphere of students chanting, hot dogs roasting and drinks being passed around that makes anyone buzz with happiness.

6. Strutting out of that last final

Whether you bombed it or nailed it, there is no feeling that compares to walking out of that last final. A literal 1,000-pound weight has just been removed from your back and you now are free. It is time to finally go home after a long semester and come back refreshed.

7. Finding the perfect table at Bracken

Let’s face it: We all know the struggle of trying to find the perfect secluded table at Bracken. It seems as though it is packed 24 hours of the day, and sometimes the hunt for a table feels like a never-ending maze. Most of the time, once you have found table, it is hard to know where you even end up, but alas, you have found the Holy Grail. Time to set up shop and probably watch Netflix while putting off all the studying you have to do.

8. When there is no wait at Puerto Vallarta Mexican Restaurant 

After a long week of classes, assignments, tests and so on, we can all agree that all we want to do is shove our faces full of chips and salsa. This tends to be a universal thought among everyone, which means that when you walk through the door at Puerto there is a good chance that your entire English class is standing in the lobby. But there are some moments when all the stars align and there is no wait, so we thank the lord and feast.