6 women's volleyball players named to All-MAC Academic team

The women's volleyball team reacts to losing the third set after winning the first two sets in the second game of the Active Ankle Tournament against Belmont on Aug. 28 at Worthen Arena. DN PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

Academic All-MAC Award Winners

Sophomore - Bailey Baumer (3.823)

Graduate - Mackenzie Kitchel (3.251)

Sophomore - Jessica Lindsey (3.620)

Senior - Amanda Raker (3.866)

Senior - Jenna Spadafora (3.425)

Senior - Kati Vasalakis (3.886)

Ball State women's volleyball team had six players named to the Academic All Mid-American Conference Women's Volleyball Team.

Qualifications for the honors are given to students-athletes who acquire at least a 3.20 grade-point average and play in at least half of the team's matches. 

Four Cardinals won the award for the second consecutive season. This included senior setter Jenna Spadafora, senior libero Kati Vasalakis, senior middle Amanda Raker and junior outside attacker Mackenzie Kitchel.

Sophomore outside attacker and defensive specialist Bailey Baumer and sophomore right side Jessica Lindsey were among the first-time award winners for the Cardinals. 

The team's season ended with a loss to Kent State in the quarterfinal match of the MAC conference tournament. The Cardinals finished with a 15-17 overall record, with an even 8-8 split in MAC play.