How to get through finals week, according to upperclassmen

<p><em>DN PHOTO SAMANTHA BRAMMER</em></p>

DN PHOTO SAMANTHA BRAMMER

Finals week is approaching, and if this is your first time, don’t panic. Here are some tips from juniors and seniors who have been through it a couple times.

Get together with your classmates

“It helps to work with others because collective minds gather ideas one could not possibly conjure up by oneself,” said Tahjia Salmon, a junior pre-medicine major.

Make sure to get plenty of sleep  

“I always try to have a set time in which I'm going to try to go to bed the week of finals,” said Bailey Goduto, a junior hospitality and food management major. “If I'm not done studying or preparing for an exam then I still go to bed at a decent time and just wake up a little earlier to have a refresher.”

Get a head start

“Sleep is very important so starting early helps ensure I do not stay up late cramming for my exams,” said Caleb Orahood, a junior sport administration major. “I make sure to communicate with my professors to discuss any material I may not fully understand.”

Know how the final will affect your grade

“Review your syllabus and be aware of how much your final is actually worth. Don’t stress yourself out about finals that have little impact on your final grade,” said Jazzy Benson, a senior organizational communication major.

Make a to do list

“The biggest thing that I do to keep me focused and on-task when studying for finals week is writing everything down,” said Robin Daywalt, a senior hospitality and food management major. “I feel that by being realistic with myself and writing everything I have to do down, keeps me on task.” 

No binge watching

“Staying away from Netflix is a big one,” said Courtney Workman, a junior nursing major. “You can never watch just one episode no matter how many times you try to convince yourself you can.”

Remember to relax.

“The best tip I can give the worried souls of Ball State is to not stress too hard over the exams,” said Kyle Parker, a junior sport administration major. “Just relax because everything will be all right."