StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void sells one million copies in 24 hours

StarCraft II’s new standalone expansion pack , Legacy of the Void, has sold one million copies in the first 24 hours it was released.  This is the second expansion for the game, following Heart of the Swarm. The DLC was released on November 10.

It seems this is just the start for Legacy of the Void. Blizzard announced at Blizzcon last weekend that the expansion will come along with single-player story mission packs called Nova Covert Ops.

There is also a possibility that StarCraft III will come out. Tim Morten, lead of StarCraft II said in an interview with GameSpot:

"What the future holds really depends so much on what we hear back from players. We love RTS, we love this genre. The StarCraft universe is fantastic; the Warcraft universe clearly has more stories that can be told. There are new Blizzard IPs; there's the potential to make completely new stories altogether. We want to hear back from our players what they would be excited about, but as a team, we've just been so busy finishing Legacy of the Void and teeing up this new content that we haven't had a chance to make any decisions."

You can buy Legacy of the Void for $40 by itself or $60 dollars to get the digital deluxe edition.

-----

Source: GameSpot

Image: Forbes