David Letterman returns to Ball State on Nov. 30

David Letterman speaks before introducing Oprah. DN PHOTO BOBBY ELLIS

Ticket Information

When: Nov. 13

Time: 7 a.m.

Where: John R. Emens Box Office

Cost: Free

Students have priority for tickets until Nov. 13 at noon. Tickets will be available for faculty/staff Nov. 13 at noon, and remaining tickets are available to the public on Nov. 16.

One of Ball State's most celebrated graduates is returning to campus.

David Letterman, who recently retired after 33 years of hosting "Late Night" and "The Late Show," will speak at Ball State on Nov. 30 at John R. Emens Auditorium. Letterman will host a discussion with filmmakers Spike Jonze and Bennett Miller.

The university announced Letterman's return to Ball State with this video.

Letterman's impact at Ball State is immeasurable, as the university named its Communication and Media Building after him in 2007. He has also created a scholarship that is given annually to three Ball State telecommunications students.

Jonze and Miller are two of the nation's top young filmmakers, and the discussion will cover a wide range of topics.

Jonze is a critically-acclaimed director, producer, screenwriter and actor. He has won an Academy Award and a Golden Globe for his work on the movie "Her," which he directed.

He has also collaborated with several top recording artists, such as Kanye West, and is a co-creator of MTV's "Jackass."

Miller is a film director who has also made a huge mark on the industry. He directed "Moneyball" and "Foxcatcher," and has earned many Academy Award nominations for his work.

Free tickets for the event will be first available for students beginning 7 a.m. on Nov. 13 at the Emens Box Office. Priority will be held until noon, when they will be made available for faculty and staff. Remaining tickets will be made available to the public Nov. 16.