Obie Trice to come to Muncie

<p>Obie Trice is starting his Cheers to the Hangover tour with a stop in Muncie at Be Here Now on Nov. 12. The doors open at 8 p.m. and he will be performing at midnight.&nbsp;<em>PHOTO COURTESY OF WIKIPEDIA</em></p>

Obie Trice is starting his Cheers to the Hangover tour with a stop in Muncie at Be Here Now on Nov. 12. The doors open at 8 p.m. and he will be performing at midnight. PHOTO COURTESY OF WIKIPEDIA

What: Obie Trice

When: Nov. 12; Doors open at 8 p.m. Bands start playing 9:30 p.m.. Trice plays at midnight. 

Where: Be Here Now, 505 N. Dill St. 

Price: $15 for 21 plus, $25 for 18 plus 

Obie Trice, partially notable for working with big hip-hop names—like Eminem, Dr. Dre, Tupac and The Notorious B.I.G.—and partially for surviving a shot to the head, is kicking off his Cheers to the Hangover Tour with a stop in Muncie. 

Trice will play at Be Here Now on Nov. 12. The doors open at 8 p.m. and Trice takes the stage at midnight, according to Be Here Now’s Facebook event page.

The event is $15 for 21 plus and $25 for everyone else. The show is 18 plus.

Trice was first signed to Shady Records in 2000 after several appearances in productions such as the movie “8 Mile” and Eminem's “The Eminem Show” album.

Trice’s first album also included production from the "rap god," with Eminem contributing alongside Dre, Busta Rhymes, Nate Dogg and Tony Yayo. 

Trice will perform Nov. 12 after seven opening acts starting with KAY05, Matt Foy and Phonomancer.

Foy said sharing a stage with an artist that has toured extensively, such as Trice, is always a “special opportunity.”

“That’s where we all want to be … on tour getting paid to do what we love,” he said.

Other acts include L.A.M.E. Crew and Planet Boom Bap, both returning to Be Here Now to brandish their unique styles of hip-hop.