Corey Cox to perform at free Muncie show

<p>County musician Corey Cox will be playing at the Chug on Nov. 20 at 11 p.m. for his third time. The&nbsp;Pendleton, Indiana,&nbsp;artist&nbsp;has been playing the guitar since he was 15.&nbsp;<em>PHOTO COURTESY OF COREY COX TWITTER</em></p>

County musician Corey Cox will be playing at the Chug on Nov. 20 at 11 p.m. for his third time. The Pendleton, Indiana, artist has been playing the guitar since he was 15. PHOTO COURTESY OF COREY COX TWITTER

Country musician Corey Cox returns to Muncie for the third time Nov. 20 at 11 p.m. for a free show at the Chug, located at 409 N. Martin Street.

Squeezing into the country singer mould wasn’t always the plan for Cox. He found a niche within the college baseball scene about five years ago. But after several band endeavors throughout high school and college, taking the musical path seemed like the right choice, according to his ReverbNation artist biography.

Cox, who is from Pendleton, Indiana, had his first experience with the guitar at 15. Since then, he's played with country greats like Sugarland, Dierks Bentley and Darius Rucker, and garnered attention through his "connective lyrics, contagious songs and energetic live shows," according to his Facebook page.

Cox will be delivering off-stage, as well as on, giving away freebies like shirts, koozies, CDs and tickets to see the Indianapolis Colts, said Phil Juskevice, a manager at the Cup.