Soccer remains undefeated in MAC play

Redshirt junior Chelsy Swackhamer attempts to keep the ball away from members of the Haiti National team during the game on April 12 at the Briner Sports Complex. DN PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

Next Matchup

Opponent - Ohio 

Location - Muncie

Time - 2:00 p.m. 

The Ball State soccer team continues to dominate Mid-American Conference competition, moving to 5-0 for the first time in program history. 

This is the teams sixth consecutive win as they move past the conference's top scoring team.

Ball State remains the top-ranked MAC school after the victory, moving to 9-2-2 after the 3-0 victory over MAC east front runner, Kent State. 

Ball State remained patient in this game, not scoring until the 74th minute, but from there they took off. 

Senior Chelsy Swackhamer scored one goal, while freshman Abbie Boswell scored two goals in the match. All of which came within 17 minutes of each other. 

Bowswell's performance was good enough to get her in the Ball State history books, as she tied the school's freshman scoring record. 

Kent State was unable to score for only the fourth time this season. 

Through 13 games, this is the best start and the longest winning steak for the Cardinals since 2006.

In three home matches this season, the Cardinals have yet to taste defeat. 

They will return to Briner Sports Complex this Sunday as they host the Ohio Bobcats for a 2 p.m. match up.