Cornerstone Center for the Arts hosts Halloween party for ages 18 or older

<p>Cornerstone Center for the Arts will host All Hallows' Eve on Oct. 31 starting at 9 p.m. There will be concessions, drinks, a haunted house and music. <em>PHOTO PROVIDED BY JEFF ROBINSON</em></p>

Cornerstone Center for the Arts will host All Hallows' Eve on Oct. 31 starting at 9 p.m. There will be concessions, drinks, a haunted house and music. PHOTO PROVIDED BY JEFF ROBINSON

Cornerstone's All Hallows' Eve Bash - Tickets: $15
Oct. 31
9 p.m. - 1 a.m.

Community Halloween Party - Free
Oct. 29
4 p.m. - 6 p.m.

Nightmare on Main Street - Free
Oct. 29 and Oct. 30
5 p.m. - 8 p.m.

People ages 18 and older can head to the Cornerstone Center for the Arts Oct. 31 for the All Hallows’ Eve Bash, a Halloween party featuring a haunted house, costume contests and dancing.

The party will include concessions and drinks from the Mr. Mouse Bar & Grill in Yorktown, Ind., a Scarvania haunted house and music by DJ Jannell, a local musician.

Jeff Robinson, director of community relations for Cornerstone, said he wanted to provide an event for adults who can’t take advantage of the traditional nightlife scene. While he doesn’t know how many Ball State students are attending, nearly 100 tickets have been presold. Robinson is expecting anywhere from 200-300 people to attend.

“I think Ball State students will be very interested,” Robinson said. “We made it 18+ to provide a party for students who might not be 21 yet so they can have a place to go.”

The party will consist of dancing, drinks and costume contests for those who dress up.

Marisela Ruiz, a junior nursing and health science major and receptionist at Cornerstone, said she isn't sure what to expect from the party. She said students might balk at the $15 ticket.

"Since you have to pay for the event, I'm not sure Ball State students would be interested," Ruiz said.

Ruiz does not know anyone who is planning to go, but is considering attending as a volunteer herself.

According to its website, Cornerstone is a non-profit organization working to provide an art education to the Muncie community. Robinson said all the money Cornerstone events raise contributes to this cause and helps provide even more events for Muncie residents. But with a small staff of only seven people, Cornerstone heavily relies on its volunteers.

"We could not do any event without our volunteers," Robinson said. "In my opinion, us and no other non-profit here [in Muncie] could do it without Ball State student support."

Sororities, fraternities, intramural sports and Student Voluntary Services all regularly volunteer for Cornerstone. Volunteers may do anything from playing a character in a haunted house to filing paperwork for the Center.

Twenty-five volunteers are currently committed to helping with the Halloween bash, and more will come, Robinson said. For this event, help is mostly needed for setting up before the party and cleaning up afterwards.

Along with the Halloween bash, Cornerstone is also hosting a few other Halloween-themed fundraisers this week. On Oct. 22 and Oct. 23, its free haunted house, Nightmare on Main Street, brought in close to 500 people each day. This week, it will have the same events and also a Community Halloween Party Oct. 29 as well. More than 1,000 people are expected to attend.