'Metal Gear Online' released along with updates

The new Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain update has been scheduled for Tuesday, October 6. This update covers new specifications that have been added or improved, and will see the launch of Metal Gear Online 3. Konami believes it will be the ideal opportunity for newcomers to try the new FOB missions.

These Forward Operating Bases, or FOBs for short, allow players to have additional resource farms, development areas, and is where some of the PvP combat takes place, allowing players to invade other FOBs, or defend their own. With the update comes new “Event FOB” missions that are prepared by the game developers. This makes it easier for players to get new resources without having any repercussions since there is no defending player wanting revenge.

With these new FOBs missions comes FOB insurance. The paid service will compensate you for any materials or staff lost due to a player invasion. If you aren’t spotted or don’t damage anything during an FOB infiltration, the rival player will not be notified. FOB expansion takes less time now if you feel like using MB coins to speed up the process.

There are also new and improved Combat Deployment missions that can possibly reward you with high ranking soldiers, and other rare items. You can shorten these missions with MB coins as well.

Along the lines of weapons, Grade 7 equipment has been released. Some of the equipment included in that are Grade 7 are the S1000 Air-S, the HAIL MGR-4, and the AM MRS-71 Rifle. Night vision is also available for your Security Team staff at your base. This will help your staff protect against nighttime invaders and even smoke grenades.

The on-screen UI will also be updated to improve the way data is displayed on the menus. This will help give detailed breakdowns of espionage points earned or even include the damage your FOB took while being infiltrated. GMP and materials will be increased online as well.

There are a few other minor changes as well, such as a PF Rating that indicates the strength of your Mother Base, and you’ll be able to sort functions on the mission deployment prep screen.

The update is scheduled to come out October 6 on all consoles, while PC players will be getting their Metal Gear Online 3 release sometime in January 2016.

-----

Source: Konami

Images: Konami, Metal Gear Informer