Macklemore, Ryan Lewis to come to Ball State

<p><em>PHOTO PROVIDED BY EMENS</em></p>

PHOTO PROVIDED BY EMENS

Clarification: In Monday's print edition, we gave the wrong time that tickets go on sale, as well as ticket prices for non-Ball State students. Tickets go on sale 7 a.m. on Oct. 16 and tickets for non-Ball State students are $25-30. The story is correct online.

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis will perform at Ball State Feb. 3 as part of their first national tour in almost two years, as announced by John R. Emens Auditorium on Oct. 12.

Tickets go on sale to students with a valid student ID at 7 a.m. Oct. 16 at the Emens Auditorium box office.

There is a limit of one student and one non-Ball State student guest ticket per ID, but students can bring a friend’s ID and buy a maximum of four tickets.

People who camp out for tickets on Oct. 15 will be eligible for prize giveaways from Emens Auditorium beginning at 9 p.m.

Tickets cost $10-15 for Ball State students and $25-30 for non-Ball State students.

Tickets will go on sale for faculty members and the Muncie community if they are not sold-out after student sales. 

Macklemore and Lewis gained fame in 2012 with their song “Thrift Shop,” which also earned them a Grammy. They released their single “Downtown” in August. While saying they intend to release an album, they have not said when it will be available.

“We’re very excited for the timing of the concert and being able to bring this to campus and the Ball State community,” said Kristi Chambers, the assistant director of marketing and communications for Emens Auditorium.

Several Ball State students reacted positively to the possibility of seeing the “Same Love” artists.

Lauren Seitz, a senior French and English major, said she is excited about the concert.

She is planning to go and might even camp out for tickets like she did when Fun. came to campus her freshman year.

“I really like Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. Ball State always does a really good job of getting people to come here,” Seitz said.