Chase Charlie 5K will cause road closures Oct. 24

<p>A walker in the Chase Charlie runs to encouragement from bystanders at the beginning of the race. DN FILE PHOTO JORDAN HUFFER</p>

A walker in the Chase Charlie runs to encouragement from bystanders at the beginning of the race. DN FILE PHOTO JORDAN HUFFER

Chase Charlie 5K Race

When: 8:30 a.m. Oct. 24

Where: Begins and ends at Scheumann StadiumĀ 

Price: $35

Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. near the stadium

Students and their families can expect road closures and delays due to the Chase Charlie 5K Race on Oct. 24.

Road closures will begin at 8:15 a.m. and will end once the race is over. The northernmost westbound lane of Bethel Avenue from McKinley Avenue to Scheumann Stadium will be coned off. McKinley Avenue between Bethel and Riverside Avenues will also be closed.

According to the course map, the race starts at the stadium, heads east on Bethel Avenue to McKinley Avenue, then goes south on McKinley Avenue to Riverside Avenue. Participants then turn back around and return to the stadium.

Associate Vice President for facilities, planning and management James Lowe said the Department of Public Safety is providing support and assistance during the event.

For people participating in the race, parking at the stadium is prohibited. According to the Chase Charlie site, participants can park in the baseball facility lot across Tillotson Avenue.