MDtekk to open third store near Muncie Mall

Justin Dunmyer works on a phone at MDtekk. Dunmyer and his business partner, Zachary Marvel, customize and repair cellphones. DN FILE PHOTO HANNAH SICHTING

MDtekk, which opened its first location in the Village just last year, will open the doors of it’s third store Monday near the Muncie Mall. The new location will give the business more room to repair devices, said Andrew French, MDtekk manager.

The location also offers more visibility for customers and businesses away from the traditional Village crowd, he said. But that doesn’t mean the business owned and operated by two Ball State alumni have abandoned their roots.

“We are still definitely going to be here near campus for all those kids that need us,” French said.

The store offers 30-minute repairs for things like cell phones and tablets, so long as parts are in stock, and a 30-day warranty on repairs. MDtekk also works with businesses and schools to repair and set up electronics.

Zachary Marvel, MDtekk owner, said there is always a need for repairs in a world where nearly everyone has an electronic device in their pocket.

“We noticed a demand and a need for an affordable place and a quick place to get your electronics repaired, [especially] with people using their iPads and tablets for books,” Marvel told the Daily News last October. “With these electronics breaking, we realized that there was a large need, especially on a college campus, where students can go to a trusted place to get stuff repaired, no funny business.”