Justice earns Academic All-MAC honor

Senior guard Sheblie Justice goes up for a rebound during the game against Ohio on Jan. 24 at Worthen Arena. DN PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

Shelbie Justice

Position - Guard

Height - 5-foot-10

Year - Senior

Hometown - Rushville, Ind.

HIgh School - Rushville Consolidated

Major - Nursing

GPA - 3.235

Senior Shelbie Justice has been named to the Academic All-Mid-American Conference women's basketball team, announced by the league April 20.

Justice, a nursing major, carries a 3.235 grade point average. A total of 27 student-athletes were named to the team from this past season.

"I honestly feel it's one of the best stories on campus this year," women's head basketball coach Brady Sallee said. "To see her excel and succeed in both nursing and basketball is phenomenal."

In order for an athlete to qualify for the Academic All-MAC honor, they must have at least a 3.20 grade point average and have participated in at least 50 percent of the contests for that particular sport.

Justice also won Ball State's Feeney Memorial Scholarship at the postseason banquet. This award goes to a deserving women's basketball player who has demonstrated passion and commitment to basketball and academics.

"I hope that others can look at her and know that if they have their priorities straight and work hard, they can do anything like she has," Sallee said.

She played in 30 games for the Cardinals this season, starting 28. She averaged 9.4 points and 31.6 minutes per game while leading the team in 3-point field goal percentage.