Let's Spoon hosts grand opening in the Village

Let's Spoon held their grand opening on March 13 in the Village. DN PHOTO ALAINA JAYE HALSEY

Hours

Weekdays: Noon - 11 p.m.

Weekends: Noon - midnight

Twitter: @letsspoonmuncie

Let's Spoon's owner, a 2012 Ball State grad, hosted his frozen yogurt shop's grand opening on his birthday Friday in the Village.

The company, based in South Bend, Indiana, let Trake Carpenter use the name and logo while he independently owns his own store in the Village Promenade.

He said he opened "pretty quietly" March 1 during Ball State's spring break. He said as soon as he received his permits from the city the day before, he wanted to open right away.

"[I was] kind of surprised of business," he said. "Monday and Tuesday, once the kids came back and realized we were open, they were coming in, especially later at night."

Carpenter said the majority of business comes after dinner time, despite being colder at night.

For the event, he hosted a contest for customers to guess correctly the amount of ounces sold. The prize is free yogurt for a year.

He also plans to have five ounces of free yogurt for the name of the day once it is registered, announced on the company's Twitter and Facebook pages.

The store was under construction for three months, beginning after Thanksgiving 2014. He said it was a slow process due to the holidays and the weather.

"I think it turned out to be pretty good timing, with it warming up while we were opening," Carpenter said. "I didn't plan it that way, but I'm glad."