Local disc jockey brings in a new beat

Through remixing songs, honors student Austin Antoni helps people connect to the music.

<p>Austin Antoni is a Ball State student by day, and a DJ by night. He’s often recognized by other students while he’s working in the village.</p>

Austin Antoni is a Ball State student by day, and a DJ by night. He’s often recognized by other students while he’s working in the village.

It all started his freshman year of college at a house party with a laptop. Two years later, he’s performed as a disc jockey over 100 times at parties and bars.

“I started my senior year in high school trying to figure out what DJing is,” said Austin Antoni. “I was introduced to an software from a friend.”

Some people may know him as DJ AD2A.

“It’s an old nickname I had a long time ago. I had a coach that always said ‘All Day Double A’ and it stuck to me,” he said.

What some people don’t know is that he is a student on this campus. Now as a senior, Austin Antoni is running his own DJ business. He is an average Joe with an active agenda. He’s said he’s a jack-of-all-trades from DJing at bars and house parties to weddings and formals. He performs at the D Luxe, Brothers and Be Here Now. He is even part of his friend’s DJ group called Chicken and Waffles.

“I did a Halloween gig with them, which was the first time to be out of my element because I worked with a group of friends instead of by myself,” said Antoni.

Want to know what inspires Antoni? Read on at BallBearingsMag.com