"What are they going to do? Fire Us?": Six of the best Tina Fey, Amy Poehler Golden Globes moments

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, right, arrive for the 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards show at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Sunday, Jan. 12, 2014, in Beverly Hills, Calif. (Wally Skalij/Los Angeles Times/MCT)

Danielle Grady is a junior journalism major. Her views do not necessarily reflect those of the newspaper. Write to Danielle at dagrady@bsu.edu. 

For their third and last year, long time best friends Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, host the Golden Globes and mock the stars. Here are their finest moments. 

1. The opening line

Fey began the 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards with a scathing, albeit good-natured greeting. She addressed her audience as “despicable, spoiled, minimally talented brats.” The only reason she can say that is because her and Poehler aren’t included.

2. Explaining cake to celebrities

We’re looking at you, Matthew McConaughey. Dallas Buyers Club was two years ago!

3. Insulting celebrities in general

Somehow it seems so much less caustic coming out of their mouths than Ricky Gervais’.

4. Praising Amal Clooney

I mean, she’s been an advisor to the United Nations. That woman deserves some props, and not just because she’s married to George Clooney.

5. Poehler’s terrible impressions

Michael Shur, the creator of Parks and Recreation, has vouched for the less than stellar nature of Poehler’s impressions, but it didn’t stop Poehler from attempting to one-up Fey's imitation of Bill Cosby.

6. Just them being together, honestly

Poehler and Fey will not be hosting another Golden Globes again. It has been three years of entertainment and female empowerment. At least we know they’ll continue being friends and cracking jokes. Even if it won’t be together, at an awards show, in front of us… and now I might cry.